Friday, July 10, 2009

Old School Friday--Here Comes the Bride

I'M BACK! Sorry for the lapse in posts. I really should post more often since this blog is new, and I'm trying to keep up. I have at least two coming up in the next week. Stay tuned! Now, on to OSF!

These aren't necessarily songs I want at my own wedding, but are the first two songs that popped into my head when I saw the OSF subject.

Case's Happily Ever After was one of the first wedding themed songs I can remember someone around my age singing. I love the video, with its elaborate scheme for Case to propose to (a very young) Beyonce'.


Jagged Edge sang about how many couples came to the decision to get married. No big romantic proposal, but a comfort and ease with each other that should be made official. I know, I know, some women were "This is a lame way to ask me to marry you!", but I look at it as the couple knows each other so well that they just kind of have a talk and decide to get married. The remix has Rev. Run in it. Love it!


Happy OSF everybody! Check out everybody else......


4 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

Interesting choice (2nd video). I don't know either of these, but I'm jamming to Jagged Edge. I'm not a romantic person so I can relate to them on a practical level - lol.

Happy OSF

PopArtDiva said...

Now I want to know what songs you DO want at your wedding!

Thanks for stopping by My Childhood Dream Wedding and putting up with my nonsense on wedding songs this week :)

Vérité Parlant is Nordette Adams said...

Cool selections. Sometimes ppl forget how long Beyonce's been around.

Belated Happy OSF.

Marvalus said...

I remember this Case song...and the very young Bey...I've always liked the tune, and the Jagged Edge cut is classic!

Nice choices this week!